Thursday, November 13, 2008

A long overdue Halloween Post

I have trouble simplifying things, which is why I have long delayed creating this post. We had such a busy Halloween, it is hard to narrow down photos and choose what to document. I will try to keep it simple. I am long overdue for a post with photos! Here goes ...


ANNUAL HALLOWEEN PARTY
One of my best friends from high school has been throwing this annual party since her sophomore year of college. Will attended several years while at the U of A, but I never got to attend until long after Will and I were married. The past several years, the party has evolved to accommodate all of our kiddos. The highlight of the night (other than Jason's prize-winning costume and Bama's win over Tennessee), was my sweet little bumblebee participating in the preschool-heat of the sack race. She is typically glued to my leg and very timid when we go somewhere with a large group of people, but she warmed up to this crowd quickly and made some new friends! Will is already planning our costumes for next year. He wants to take home the award for best family costume.

A family photo.

Me and our hostess with the mostest ... Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast.


Bobbing for apples ... a Halloween tradition.


Our hosts.


And the winner for best adult costume is ... Jackie Moon.


Claire, Mattie and Cooper sack racing. Claire fell down close to the finish line and Cooper pulled out the victory.



Pinata time.

A photo of all the cute kiddos.


HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES
Claire and I made cupcakes the day before Halloween. She is quite the little helper in the kitchen. She loves to wash dishes which is my least favorite chore. Thank you Pillsbury for Halloween sprinkle cupcakes (the sprinkles were Claire's favorite part ... see black tongue below).



She learned this from her daddy ... I'm serious. I do not lick the bowl.
I think more sprinkles ended up in Claire's tummy than on the cupcakes.


Love the tongue!

TRICK OR TREATING
Claire loved trick-or-treating this year. As soon as we got candy at one house, Claire was asking to go to the next house. Unfortunately, not many of our neighbors had their lights on for trick-or-treaters. She still got plenty of candy. David didn't make it out this year. He stayed inside and handed out candy with Will. When Claire and I got back home, he was conked out.

Don't you just want to eat him up? He is such a cutie pie!


This bee was always on the move. I rare photo where she was being still.


Claire and I headed out to trick-or-treat.


My two little monsters ... I mean angels.


Time to eat candy.

Our neighbors dropped by with their little "doctor" just before bedtime. Claire loves Miss Kate.

1 comment:

phillips phamily said...

Funny, we just watched Beauty and the Beast today for the first time!

Claire looked so cute in her bee costume! And David has gotten so big!