Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Celebrate Green!

As you can see, we had quite the St. Patrick's Day festivities at our house yesterday and today. I was off yesterday (which is not normal) so I had a day to prepare for the holiday (which is also not normal). Claire and I traced and cut out foam shamrocks to hang on the kitchen light, read a story about St. Patrick and made a green clover snack. David supervised.

{Click on the collages below to see the pictures close up. I finally learned how to make these fun collages on Picasa. Yeah!!}


Today, Claire made this pretty picture at school and we had lime sherbet milkshakes for dessert. Apparently, I forgot to dress David in green, but now that I think about it, he doesn't have anything that is green! So, he got to wear the shamrock headdress.

Posted by Picasa
Will and I topped finished the night off sipping green milkshakes on our neighbors' back porch and watching American Idol.

NOTE: We don't typically celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I needed something to do yesterday to entertain the kids, so we did this. Claire had fun ... and maybe learned something. I had fun too.

No comments: