Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday?

I made this yummy roast in the crockpot yesterday. I love walking in after work to find that (1) dinner has already been cooked and (2) the house smelling so yummy delicious after a piece of meat has been cooking for 8 hours! This recipe was SO EASY!

3 CAN POT ROAST
1 pkg. dry onion soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3 lb. chuck roast
Combine cheese and mushroom soups. Mix dry onion soup mix with 1 cup boiling water (I just heated in the microwave for about 2 mins.). Add to soup mixture. Pour into crock pot. Top with roast. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours. Turn roast halfway through cooking time if you can (I did not). Shred meat and combine well with gravy before serving. Serve over egg noodles. Yield: 4 servings.

Some of my other daily reads posted some yummy sounding recipes this week too. Check them out over at Kelly's, Kim's and Melanie's blogs.

No comments: