Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School

Today was Claire's first day of preschool and David's first day of mother's day out. We had a crazy morning getting everything together, but we finally made it to school and the kids had a great first day!

I stayed up really late last night making this cute poster for David's class. Apparently, I was so tired, I couldn't hold the camera straight to make the picture. I was finally able to put my scrapbooking skills to good use! I was pleased with how it turned out. This will be laminated and become a part of a class train that hangs on the wall outside David's room and later it will hang in his crib in case he gets lonely during naptime.


We snapped a few pictures at home before we headed out. I made the kids' outfits. I was also up late last night putting the buttons and ric rac on Claire's dress. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! They do look cute though, so it was time well spent in my book.

David's pants are a Kwik Sew pattern that I just bought. Theyhave the cutest pocket on the back (in red and white check). I just appliqued a plain white tee from Wal-Mart to match. Claire's dress is the Lucy pattern from Children's Corner with added applique and ric rac on the bottom. There are tons of ways to dress up this pattern!



Of course, we had to have a Dora lunch box. Claire was very proud of this little accessory. It was the first thing she showed her teacher when we walked in.

Headed inside ... needless to say, David was not thrilled about having to ride in the stroller.

Outside David's room. Believe it or not, that is actually his name he is pointing to ... and then he pulled the poster off the wall. Way to make a good first impression Dave. He went inside with very little fussing and was off playing before I got him signed in and headed off to Claire's room.

David with his teachers. Not the best shot but I was trying to leave before any crying ensued.

Claire outside of her new classroom.

Claire and her teacher. Another quick shot where Claire was more interested in what was on the table to her left. I think it begins with "play" and ends with "dough".

Yeah for school!

No comments: