Friday, September 18, 2009

My new favorite dress pattern

Remember when I was on a quest to find this dress pattern. Well, I finally found it on eBay (how did we ever live without eBay?) and several months later, I finally got around to making it! These are some last minute outfits I made for the kids to wear on our Labor Day beach trip to Destin.

I must say, it is one of the easiest patterns I have made ... other than this dress, which is becoming my go-to birthday and baby gifts for little girls. It took me about an hour to sew this little number up.

Instructions to do the modifications can be found here. I had to modify mine a little further because I ran out of sailboat fabric! (I just made the band at the bottom a little bigger. I also added the ric rac trim along the seam line of the band.)



Obviously, neither one of these are the best of pictures, but you get the point. David will simply not stand still for a photograph right now and Claire is also easily distracted.

No comments: