Thursday, November 26, 2009

thankful

I have much to be thankful for this year ... my saviour, my children, my husband, my job, my family & friends, our health. But I think most of all this year, I am thankful for a church and small group that has challenged me to give myself completely to God. I have learned that stewardship is not just about tithing 10% of my income, but giving myself completely to God and His kingdom. That includes my time and energy ... my life. Many times, it will move us out of our comfort zone ... to help a stranger, to become more involved in the life of a friend on a much more personal level, to change the history of your family.

I have much to be thankful for this year ... and to whom much is given, much is required. Luke 12:48. I have been given much.

No comments: