Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This and that ... for memory's sake

-My new year's resolution schedule is slowly killing me. I have been getting up at 5 am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to have my quiet time, and then going to the gym for spin class at 6am. I get home around 7:15am, get ready, and leave for work at 8:30am. (I don't work on Fridays.) By the end of the day, I am pooped and have been going to bed before 10pm. Yikes! That is early for me. But that explains my very sporadic blogging this year.

-Claire saw her first movie last Sunday. Will took her to the matinee while I stayed home with David during his nap. It cost a small fortune even with it being a matinee, but she loves her some popcorn and we wanted to make her first real movie memorable. She saw Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel. She did good although had some problems with the chair closing up on her so she sat in Will's lap for most of the movie.

-Speaking of entertainment, Will and I finally caught up on LOST. This summer, we started watching the TV show on DVD. Our goal was to finish all five seasons before the sixth and last season came on TV (starting next month). Season 5 came out Dec. 12 and we finished it up last weekend. I am pumped for the final season, but it will be weird having to wait a week in between episodes as we would usually watch several episodes at a time because we couldn't wait to see what happened. We are trying to decide what show to start watching next. (I love TV on DVD!) We are thinking either Mad Men or Friday Night Lights.

-David's new nickname is Linus. You know, from Charlie Brown. He carries both of his blankets with him all the time when we are home. He even holds them up close to his ears like the Linus character. He is too cute. He has always loved his two blankets (a blue crochet blanket made by a member of Will's parents' church and a white knit waffle-weave blanket with his name on it from a close family friends) and he must have them to sleep, but he just started carrying them around all the time around Christmas. Fortunately, we do have two sub blankets that he takes to nicely when it is laundry time.

-Claire is learning a lot at school this year. She can spell her name (we are still working on writing it), she recognizes a lot of letters, and she can recite the fruits of the spirit.

-David is talking up a storm. I don't understand a lot of what he says, but he certainly has a lot to say!! I understand most of the single words that he says (like walk, up, open, shoes), but have a harder time understanding his longer phrases. He does has "wake up Daddy" and "let's go" down pat.

-We had a new nanny start last week and she is great! I have come home to a picked-up house and clean kitchen every day. Yesterday, she straightened/organized my refrigerator. It looks great!! The kids really seem to love her too. When she left yesterday, Claire gave her a big hug. She is trying to make it as a country music singer and yesterday she brought her guitar. Claire said she had a "singing lesson".

-Lastly, David got some new rain boots right before our so-called Winter Storm of 2010. He needed some anyway, but I thought he could wear them in the snow too and keep his feet dry. He wears them all the time around the house. It is too cute. Pictures coming soon.

Sorry for all the randomness. Just wanted to do a quick update of what was going on in our lives at the moment.

No comments: