Monday, April 5, 2010

16 weeks

Here is the baby bump at 16 weeks. (I've never taken a picture of myself in the mirror before, but nobody else was home. This is our master bath and I am thinking now that it looks pretty blah.)

I went to the doctor this past week and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. Yeah!! Very exciting!! Also, I had only gained 1 pound since my last visit 4 weeks ago ... I have the stomach virus to thank for that. And the fact that I am no longer having to eat something starchy every two hours to hold the nausea at bay. This was very exciting since I had gained 8 pounds from what I normally weigh at my first visit (at 12 weeks). Yikes!!

I am now into full-fledged maternity pants. But I am okay with that. I love the elastic waistbands. Why don't women wear pants like that all the time? I can still wear most of my regular tops if they are long enough ... most maternity tops are still a little big for me.

I am feeling much better, but I am still very tired. Sadly, I am not sleeping well. I sleep like a rock until about 4:00 a.m., when I wake up starving and desperately needing to go to the bathroom. I usually end up going to the bathroom and trying to fall back asleep, but I am too hungry, and then get up and eat a bowl of cereal. (How is that for a run-on sentence?)

As far as cravings go, I am all about some oranges right now. Specifically, orange juice and orange slices. I really like cheese too. And Mexican food. And Jersey Mike's club sandwiches. I am not eating a ton of sweets this go 'round, which is very different from my previous two pregnancies (I once at three pieces of cake in one day ... that is insane, pregnant or not.) I'm not sure what that means in the old wives' tales of the sex of the baby, but that is just how it is this time.

I go back to the doctor on April 28 for my ultrasound. Please pray that the baby will be growing and developing as it should. We haven't decided it we are going to find out the sex or not this time. We found out with my first two, but since we have one of each, I thought it might be fun to be surprised this time. But, my super-organized, Type A personality is dying to find out. It will probably be a last minute call.

2 comments:

Lou Lou said...

Ok, after reading your last 2 posts I have decided you need to get the remote control for your camera. Did you end up getting a Nikon? The remote is about $20. I just discovered there is also a 2 second delay option on the remote as well so you dont see your hand pointing at the camera (as in my christmas card this year)

Jessie Weaver said...

Congratulations on baby 3!! That's wonderful. I love my fall baby, although the summer is very hot!

I took all my pregnancy pictures in the mirror because Adam thought it was stupid. :/