Tuesday, June 8, 2010

24 weeks ... and counting


Well, I am actually 25 weeks now. The picture and the doctor's visit happened at 24 weeks. I've just been too busy to update the blog until now.

Everything looked good at my last doctor's visit. I heard the baby's heartbeat and got all the instructions for my glucose test at my next visit. Oh how I love drinking that sugary sweet flat orange soda. I'll start going to the doctor every two weeks after that.

I had gained 5 more pounds putting the grand total at ... who's keeping count? Not me. I seem to be gaining more weight earlier in my pregnancy this go 'round, but I am hoping it will plateau off soon. Especially since I am actually exercising this pregnancy (something I didn't do at all during my previous two pregnancies).

I am really feeling pretty good. Just tired and hot. I have never been pregnant in this 80-90 degree heat before. Both of my other babies were born in April. It is going to be a long hot summer! I really am trying to enjoy this pregnancy though as we have planned for it to be my last.

The past two weeks I have had an unquenchable hunger. Like I cannot eat enough to get full. No particular cravings except I really like cereal, juice, fruit and dairy (which tends to give me really bad heartburn). Did you know that Sonic has buy one get one free milkshakes for the month of June? (Don't worry, I don't drink both of them.) All I can say is this little boy is HUNGRY! Maybe it is because he is moving around so much in my tummy. I am feeling lots of activity down there and Will has felt him kick a few times too.

The pregnancy insomnia has hit full force. (See Exhibit A ... the photo above ... with the lovely bags under my eyes.) I don't have any trouble falling asleep, but I wake up between 2-4pm to go to the bathroom and then I am hungry and hot and then I can't get comfortable enough to go back to sleep. I usually end up tossing and turning for about an hour and then just getting up and hoping a can squeeze in a nap at some point later in the day.

We are getting ready to potty train David and move him into his big boy bed (into a room with Claire) so that the baby can have his nursery. Please say a quick prayer for us over the next couple of weeks! Ha!

1 comment:

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

You are just glowing! Glad to hear that everything is going well!