Monday, June 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: June 21-27

This weekend has been C-R-A-Z-Y and I haven't really had a chance to menu plan (or go to the grocery store). I have to go before tomorrow though because I have a coupon for free blueberries that is about to expire and I cannot pass up free.

This week's menu plan involves leftovers, leftovers and more leftovers. My fridge is full of them. We'll just kind of wing it as I have no specific plan. Oh, and we'll probably go to kids' night at Chick-Fil-A on Tuesday night.

Highlights from last week ...

(1) The Roast Sticky Chicken was divine. Much better than a rotisserie chicken from the store. Plan ahead though ... I made mine 3 days later than planned because I didn't realize it had to marinate in the fridge overnight (after the chicken had thawed) and it cooks for 5 hours in the oven. (This would probably be a better recipe for the fall/winter months.) I had to add a little water to my pan and cover my chicken with foil about half-way through so it wouldn't dry out. It was so good though and totally worth the time.

(2) I found a recipe called Pantry Porkchops and as the name said, I had everything in my pantry to make them (and pork chops in the freezer).

(3) If you have some ripe bananas, try this recipe for Banana-Cinnamon Bundt Cake. (You have to sign in to get the recipe, but it's free.) It was tasty. I would err on the side of less cooking time as mine was a little dry.

(4) Sausage Crescent Roll Casserole ... I might have posted this before, but it is a staple at my girls' scrapbooking weekends. We had it yesterday for Father's Day brunch.

Sausage Crescent Roll Casserole

2 cans crescent rolls
1 (16oz.) pkg. sausage
(8oz.) pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
2c. shredded cheddar cheese

Spray bottom of 9x13 (or a little smaller) pan. Put 1 can crescent rolls on bottom of baking dish (if you use 9x13, you may have to roll out a little to cover; seal perforations. Brown sausage in skillet and drain. Combine with cream cheese. Spread sausage mixture over layer of crescent rolls. Top with shredded cheddar. Put remaining can of crescent rolls on top. You may want to roll it out to seal perforations before placing on casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cut into squares and serve.

Check out other menu plans here.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

The crescent roll recipe sounds delicious!
Stacy