Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend plans gone awry ...

Last month, Will took a long weekend trip to paradise ... also known as Hammock Beach, Florida. This is an annual golf trip he takes every year with some of his guy friends.

Just so you know, while it was sunny and beautiful down in Florida, it was cool and rainy in Tennessee ... where I was stuck single-parenting it for three whole nights.

Will aiming for the pin. That's right. I've learned my share of "golf talk" over the last almost 10 years that we have been married. And I don't even play golf.

Buckley, Brian, Chris and Will. I think these guys had a fun trip.

While Will was away, I had planned to send the kids to visit my in-laws for the weekend so I could sew and/or scrapbook to my heart's desire. Unfortunately, David got sick in the middle of the night on Thursday. He seemed better on Friday, but he refused to go with Will's mom when we met at our usual drop-off point. Like crying hysterically for his mommy. So, both kids came back home with me for the weekend. David got sick again in the middle of Saturday night and was pretty puny all day on Sunday. About 6pm on Sunday night, he flipped a switch and was back to his old self ... just in time for daddy to get home! Isn't that always how it goes?!?

My weekend certainly did not go as planned, but the kids and I had a fun time together and I have a new appreciation for single parents (or wives whose husbands travel a lot). Cleaning up vomit in the middle of the night and taking care of sick baby all by myself was no fun at all! I think I am due for a girls' weekend or at least a free day soon ... on Will of course!

No comments: