Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sewing List Progress

Remember when I listed my summer sewing goals here? Well, I am glad to say I can mark three things off my list. And, I finished some other projects that were not on the list too.

(1) Pirate shorts are hemmed.

(2) The Miss Mary dress is complete. My mom went on and on about what a cute dress this is (as she was sewing the hook & eye on for me ... I recruited a little help), but I'm not sure I will make it again. On a difficulty scale of 1-10, it was probably a 5, so not too difficult for a cute result.


(3) I finished the round neck dress except for buttons, which I don't have yet. It was really easy to make and I will definitely make this again pattern again. The yoke was a little tricky, but the pattern had great instructions and I finished it without having to use my seam ripper one time.

I am so loving this fabric too. I decided not to make a maternity top out of this fabric because (1) I don't have enough extra, and (2) I made the top out of some cheap fabric from Wal-Mart and Will said it looked "homemade". So I guess I can mark a fourth thing off my list.



I also made the kids matching shorts to wear with their July 4th tee-shirts. I purchased the shirts here for $12 each, making the total cost of these outfits about $17 each. Not too shabby.


Lastly, I finally got around to putting appliques on these two tops for Claire to match shorts I bought on clearance at Target earlier in the summer. I really wish I didn't have to drive all the way to my mom's house to use her embroidery machine, but it's nice to have a little help with the kiddos when I go.

1 comment:

emilyosburne said...

Susan,

You are amazing! I can't even sew a button. These outfits are adorable.