Monday, August 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: August 9-15


We pretty much stuck to the menu plan for last week. It was easy since Will was out of town for the most of the week. I have a couple of carry-overs from the end of the week that we never got to.

I have enjoyed our CSA so far, but it does kind of throw a kink in my menu planning since I plan and grocery shop at the beginning of the week and I don't pick up my weekly produce box until Thursday afternoon. We did enjoy an impromptu to fresh veggie dinner on Saturday night ... complete with fresh fried okra, squash casserole and field peas.

I also made this yummy lemon bundt cake and I am the only one in my house who will eat it. I guess I will take it to work if I get tired of it before it's all gone (which is highly unlikely!).

I also got a ton of fresh basil from my CSA last week and made basil pesto for the first time. I froze most of it, but saved some to use in our meal tonight.

Monday: Squash, caramelized onion and tomato pasta, salad, garlic bread

Tuesday: BBQ chicken, fried okra, field peas, squash casserole and cornbread

Wednesday: baked pizza roll & sauce, salad

Thursday: grilled pork chops, roasted fresh veggies (squash, zucchini, red/green peppers, red onions), rolls

Friday: Chicken puffs, green beans, fruit

Saturday: dinner out/date night

Sunday (lunch): Mozzarella, tomato, basil panini, chips, cantaloupe/watermelon

Sunday (dinner): leftovers

Check out other menu plans here.

No comments: