Friday, September 23, 2011

Sew What: Summer Edition

I've kept my mom's embroidery machine HOT this summer. Here are some completed projects.


"C" tee for Claire. (The C is much better for hand-me-downs, although my neighbor's niece is Claire so she gets a lot of our stuff.) This is the petal patch from AC. Not sure about the applique C.



"Lil' Firecracker" onesie for Luke. This was a free design I got somewhere. And he is definitely a firecracker.


I cut this outfit out a while ago. It's a size 4. It's almost too small. I LOVE this fabric. The pattern is the Mod Kid Ava. I love her patterns. I think they run pretty true to size. I should have made a 5. Will definitely make again.



This is another easy pattern. I made this entire dress in about 3 hours (while C & D were at gymnastics camp and L was napping). I found Carrie's sewing blog and started borrowing ideas from her about the same time she started selling patterns. This is the Addison dress.

Super-cute bow in the back.


A girl bib, burp cloth and romper baby gift. Note the elephant in pink.

Another baby girl bib and burp cloth. Note the elephant in brown. I'm not sure if I like it better in pink or brown.


I bought these shorts from Zulily for $10 each. I made these cutes tees to match for David.


Another pair of outfits for David. These cute plaid shorts came from Wal-Mart for $3.50.


A white terry swimsuit cover-up for Claire.


I made this dress ages ago and I finally got the buttons on. It looks so cute on Miss C. It's the round-neck top/dress pattern from this Etsy store.


My mom made this cute dress for Claire. Too much cutting and piecing for me!


Cute tees for Claire (birdhouse design from AC) and skorts bought on clearance at Hanna Andersson.


White knit dress for Claire. I love this peacock design from AC.


Lastly, a seahorse tee for Claire (design also from AC). Love the pink and aqua!


That's it! Now it's time to get busy sewing footballs, pumpkins and turkeys!

No comments: