Friday, October 28, 2011

Preschool Corner: O is for Octopus

Today is my first time to link up to Preschool Corner over at Homeschool Creations. This website has been an AWESOME resource for me for getting started with homeschooling. And, it has some great preschool resources (that are FREE!) for the little man.

(David is 3Y, 6M old.)

Our theme this week was mostly Octopus from our LOTW curriculum.

Oh my word ... how cute is that face. Octopus puzzle.


Octopus letter matching. This is the first time I've included this activity (because I had not make the letter discs yet) but he did great.


Is that a smile I see while coloring? David is normally not a huge fan of all the coloring. I try to break up his schedule so we only color one thing per day.


Playdough is always a big hit with this little guy. He got a little silly with the LC "o". You can find these great playdough mat printables (that you can laminate or slide into a page protector) here.


We also pulled in a few "Ocean" activities for our O week. (It just so happens that we went to the beach at the end of this week too. That was handy planning on my part ... or just lucky I guess.)

We did this measuring with goldfish activity that I found here and we made a fun ocean tot book that I apparently did not take any pictures of us using. He really does love looking through the tot books everyday and it helps us review basics like numbers (1-10), shapes and colors.


Writing the letter O.


Craft time. We made an Octopus and a gold glitter Owl, both of which were found here. We added a little impromptu glitter to the owl because (1) he looked a little plain without it and (2) David loves the glitter glue. It is definitely his favorite crafting item.






Our O board for the week (which also includes some crafts from church and mother's day out.) We got back on track learning our RRSP verse this week, which was "Oh, give thanks to the Lord for He is good." David still enjoys doing all of the activities for our bible verse each week as you can see them on the board.

1 comment:

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

What fun - we did a letter O week not too long ago too =-) I love the Octopus out of the letter O. And I have to tell you, your family is so beautiful! I would love for you to come link up at http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties.
~Beth