Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Photography 101

A couple of weeks ago, I took a photography class.  A friend at church organized the class for us with a local photographer.  Here is a group photo.


Then we practiced by taking pictures of each other (taking pictures).




Then we practiced photographing these two cuties.  B is in Claire's Sunday morning class and E takes ballet at the same studio with Claire.  I took this photo outside on a cloudy, rainy day with NO FLASH.  That was my goal with this class ... to learn how to shoot in manual without auto flash.


Another picture of two cuties (love B's pose) with some backlight to work with.


And then I came home and photographed my own kiddos ... a LOT!  This particular day was cloudy and overcast and not the best photography conditions.





This is the face Claire makes at me when she is "all done" with the photos.



And then several days later, we finally got some sunshine. 




I love seeing real smiles on my kids' faces when they aren't posing for a photo.  Glad I was able to capture them on camera.



I have a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi.  We purchased it in February 2009.  It has taken me 3 years to finally sit down and learn how to shoot in manual and the photography class was totally worth it.  All I can say is practice, practice, practice.  I hope that my kids will continue to be willing subjects! 

[You will notice I don't have any pictures of Luke.  I am not that good of a photographer yet ... that little guy is on the move all the time!]

No comments: