Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blue Skies and Rainbows

There is almost nothing more beautiful than a rainbow! 

The kids were so excited tonight to look out our bathroom window at bathtime to see this.  I ran outside and starting snapping pictures.  (Don't worry, Will was upstairs with the kids and the bathtub.)

It is hard to see but it was a double rainbow.  The second rainbow was very faint from our view. 


We are studying rainbows for letter R next week, so God's timing was perfect!

I couldn't get a good picture of the entire rainbow because it wouldn't fit.  It crossed the entire sky.

I don't think I could have gotten the pictures with my camera in auto mode.  Camera class pays off again ... although, I'm sure a professional could have done much better.

While David was brushing his teeth tonight, he told me we needed to watch the weather to see if they said when another rainbow was on the way.  This little boy is a little obsessed with the weather.  (Sadly, I think he got that from me.  If there is any risk of "tornadic activity" we keep the weather channel on all day long.)

The rainbow was the brightest at the end.

Tonight during bedtime prayers, David prayed for God to send another rainbow tomorrow. So sweet!

A rainbow always reminds me of God's faithfulness. 

No comments: