Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day

I am so far behind I don't know if I'll get our little Internet memory corner ever caught up. 

May tends to do that to me for some reason.  But, here is something current. 

We had a pretty laid back Memorial Day weekend ... spent mainly eating, swimming, and recovering from our Vero Beach vacation the previous week.  Sunday afternoon, we headed to our country club pool (for the first time) and came home to grill hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner.  Monday, we headed out to the pool bright and early, ate lunch by the pool, and then came home and played outside with our neighbors for a little while.  Monday night was one of my favorite meals: BBQ pork tenderloin (in the crock pot), corn casserole and veggie slaw.  Yum, Yum.  Paired with my new favorite summer drink, Sweet Tea Spritzer.  And finished off with our favorite any-time dessert, Chocolate Icebox Pie.

I told you we ate a lot!

We didn't get any pictures at the pool ... well, because ... have you ever taken a 20-month-old to the pool?  They are constantly on-the-move!  We did get a few quick pics after dinner.

Luke playing outside before dinner.  He loves pushing that pink doll stroller!

If David ever slows down and sits still right before dinner, he is out like a light! 

I've given up on everyone looking at the camera at the same time. 



Hope that everyone else had a Happy Memorial Day and got to spend time with your loved ones remembering those who fought and died for the freedoms we hold so dear.

No comments: