Monday, June 25, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: June 25


This week is going to be crazy busy for Will and I.  We have several things at night so I don't know how much cooking I will actually do.  But, I need a plan for sure!

From last week, Will and I both liked the Oatmeal on the go bars okay.  They are a good, quick breakfast.  The kids, who I made them for, did not like them.  Even Luke (I think it was more of a texture thing for him ... they are pretty thick.)  The Broiled Asian BBQ shrimp was very good and aside from having to peel the shrimp first and dice a jalapeno, it was pretty easy to prepare.  The  Italian Sausage and Pasta Dinner was very tasty too.  I love the flavored Johnsonville chicken sausage.

Dessert: Butterfinger Cake (I am using a German chocolate cake mix instead of making the cake from scratch.  And I just cleaned my pantry and we have a lot of Butterfinger candy left from Halloween.

Breakfasts: Homemade pop-tarts; whole wheat buttermilk pancakes (I add 1/2c. chocolate chips)

Monday: Spaghetti casserole, salad, garlic bread (I am hosting my book club)

Tuesday: Southwest Chicken taco salads, chips & salsa


Wednesday: Wacky Pack Wednesday at Sonic (I may have a church dinner this night?)

Thursday: BBQ sandwiches, chips, coleslaw


Friday: Eat out with a Groupon or leftovers

Saturday: Mini Chicken Pot Pies, fruit salad


Sunday: homemade pizza (lunch); leftover buffet (dinner)

 
Check out Laura's blog for more Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a yummy week at your house. I'm adding the butterfinger cake and the homemade pop tarts to my 'Must Try' list - thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I'm stopping by from Organizing Junkie's MPM.
Hopefully you'll have mild weather. It's another hot 100+ week in Las Vegas.
I just checked out the Italian Sausage Pasta recipe. Sounds yummy!
Looks like you're in store for some wonderful good eats.