Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sewing Spree

 I went on a little sewing kick during Christmas.  I sure was nice to have Daddy home!!
 
I made these Christmas pajamas for the kids.  I accidentally purchased this aqua dot fabric online (for a real bargain) only to discover it was flannel instead of cotton.  So I saved it for PJ pants and had just enough to make 3 pairs.  (Well, not quite enough ... Luke got cuffs on his pants!)
 
I hand stitched the tree appliques on tees and ... voila: Pajamas.  (I am hoping to post a tutorial on the hand-stitched tees soon.  I have made several and they are really cute!)
 
I used this free pattern download for the pants.  It was a quick sew!
 
 
I also made 3 pairs of ruffle pants for Claire.  Two pairs were to match tops (formerly dresses) that she already had (see below). 
 

 
I love this cute Riley Blake snowman fabric!  She's had this pillowcase dress for 3 years now.

 
I also made 2 outfits for next fall/winter (and made my first knot/apron dress).
 
This outfit is for Christmas next year.  I need to shorten the straps a little.  They seemed too short when I was cutting them out so I made them a little longer.  Clearly, I should have just followed the pattern measurements!  I love these fun, non-traditional Christmas colors.
 
 
This is a knot top without the apron and the 3rd pair of ruffle pants I made.  Cute, cute!  I love this fabric so much!
 
 
The knot dress/top and ruffle pants came from Little Girls, Big Style book.  I highly recommend this book if you have little girls to sew for!  It has a ton of variations 4 basic patterns (2 tops, 2 bottoms).
 
I also made a pair of grey dot ruffles and matching tee for my niece for her birthday, but forgot to snap a picture before I gave it to her!
 
I have several other little projects in the works so I hope to be posting more finished projects soon!

No comments: