Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blogging away all my free time ...

After many months of stalking the blogs of both friends and strangers, I have finally decided to take the plunge and become a blogger myself. I don’t really need another hobby and my free time is very limited. Nonetheless, I decided to blog because:


1) I love reading other people’s blogs (even people I don’t know) and hope that people will enjoy reading my blog. It is fun to connect with people who share my daily struggles of being wife and mother ... of being a woman of God and follower of Jesus Christ.


2) To show off my greatest accomplishment ... my family! (I will introduce them in a post to come.)


3) To stay in touch with family and friends both near and far. Some of my favorite blogs are those of friends who live right down the street. I have accepted the fact that I am just too busy to keep up with all of my friends on a daily basis. While this is a sad fact and something I try to overcome with my closest of friends, I feel like I have gained some intimacy in my more casual friendships by reading these friends’ blogs.


4) To keep up with my scrapbooking. I am an avid scrapbooker, but once the kiddos arrived, I fell behind on my scrapbooking. My two year old does not have a baby book yet. I am finishing up our 2006 family album (a work in progress since the beginning of 2006). I have not even developed any pictures of my 4 month old. Thank goodness for my super photographer and friend Jadie Thomas or I wouldn’t have any photos of my sweet baby boy. I am thinking that if I keep up with the blog, at least when I get ready to scrapbook my kids’ lives (probably when they start school), I will have good notes!


5) Journaling/reflection. I have never been very good at keeping a journal. However, I am tired of looking back at a period of time and thinking "where did the time go" and "what did I accomplish." I am hoping to learn more about myself and grow in this process.


So ... there it is. I hope you enjoy the blog. Please feel free to comment.

No comments: