Sunday, November 16, 2008

This weekend ...

We did a few odd projects around the house. I made this bow board for Claire's hairbows. I saw it online for $25 and decided I could make it myself. Excluding paint drying time, it took me about 1 hour to make and cost about $7. I was very pleased with how it turned out and even stayed up late last night organizing all of Claire's hairbow. When Claire woke up vomiting at 4:30 this morning, I was wishing I had gone on to bed!


Will and Claire played a little guitar hero. Claire kept telling me that she "Rocked".


I mended a few things that had been in my project basket for a while. Claire supervised. Note: do not use a sewing machine while your toddler is using you as a jungle gym. Only bad things can happen.


Will put up the train decals I ordered for David's room back in June (Yikes!). A friend of mine did her 3-year-old's room in the big-boy version of David's nursery and she had ordered these decals from EBay. They match the bedding perfectly. I wish we had put them up sooner!

After the kids napped, we headed next door for little Miss Kate's first birthday party. What an event it was. Here is Kate with her mommy and daddy, about to dig into her cute cupcake cake.


"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to." And cry she did. First birthday party's are so overwhelming. She was not liking the cake so much (or all the paparazzi).


David and Claire with Claire's friend Cooper.

Claire and Cooper helped Beth open Kate's birthday presents.

Kate watched all the festivities comfortably in her Mimi's lap.


After the party, Will and I put the kids to bed and then cheered on the Tide to a victory over Mississippi State. Our cable went out during the first quarter for about 20 minutes and I thought Will was going to have a coronary. Fortunately, he didn't and the cable came back on shortly thereafter. Crises averted.

2 comments:

Caacie Li said...

The bow board to too cute and such a great idea. Bows accumulate very fast :) David's room is cute!

phillips phamily said...

i remembered that you had done a bow board. i just stapled the ribbon to the back of the frame and called it done! we need to work on our 'collection', though!