Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday?

Tonight we had this for dinner. It is easy to make and involves a crock-pot. Two of my favorite things. I think that next time I make it I will add green peas or roasted asparagus to give it a little more flavor. It was fine without it too though.

I thought we might have a cooking disaster of Christmas Vacation turkey proportions when I called Will on my way home from work. I had asked him to turn the crock-pot off and shred the chicken when he got home from work one hour before me. He said the chicken was pretty dry. With that being said, next time, I will add a little more water to the crock-pot so my chicken will not dry out. However, the chicken ended up being fine when shredded and mixed with the sauce. Recipe below.

Chicken and Mushrooms over Linguine (from www.e-mealz.com)
3 chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper
1/4c. water
16oz. pkg. linguine (I used whole grain pasta)
1/4c. butter
8oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
1c. dry white wine
1 can cream of chicken soup

Place seasoned chicken and water in crock-pot; cook all day on low. Remove chicken from crock-pot; let cool slightly. Shred. Prepare pasta. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and wine; bring to a boil while scraping the bottom of skillet. Remove from heat; add soup. Whisk until smooth. Add shredded chicken. Stir to combine. Serve over hot pasta. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese (optional). Yield: 4-6 servings.

No comments: