Saturday, February 14, 2009

Scrapapaloosa 2009

I think I just made up a new word. But I like it!

Last weekend 10 girlfriends came to my house to scrapbook ... for the entire weekend! A special thank you to Will's parents who kept the kids for the weekend since Will was out of town until late that Friday night. And a special thanks to Will too for putting up with all of our gab on Saturday. He came home at 1am on Saturday morning to this:

(Dining Room) Melani, Nicole, Christi and Heather (our fearless leader)

(Living Room)


I didn't even photograph the upstairs, where we had 1o people sleeping on 3 beds, 2 air mattresses and a couch.

We had our first weekend crop in Gatlinburg in November 2005. It was so much fun that we decided it needed to be a quarterly event (when possible). We typically go to a lake house in Guntersville, Alabama, but it was BOOKED on the weekend that most people were available. So, I offered to host at my house, which was nice because I didn't have to pack up all my stuff and go anywhere.

We always joke about that first crop ... there was a lot of scrapbooking and not a lot of sleeping (and a lot of driving -- it took us almost 8 hours to get to Gatlinburg from Nashville due to traffic). We have digressed over the past couple of years with a lot less scrapbooking and a lot more plain old fun girl-time. I can't wait for the next crop!!

Here are some more friends.

Melissa and Kaisha.

Melissa, Me, Kaisha and Leann.



Me and Claire (Claire is my travel buddy to these crops when we have to go to Alabama).



Marsha and Claire. This was Marsha's first crop. I hope she had fun!


Man, we take up a lot of space. Look at all this crap. This was at the end of Day 2.


More messy.



A special thanks to our host Heather. She always brings extra supplies (she sells Creative Memories) and keeps us well fed. As you can see if the photo above, I was working on Claire's baby book. Yep, that is me on my way to the hospital to be induced (in 2006). I am WAY behind. Maybe I will finish this book before she heads off to Kindergarten!

1 comment:

the Wilbecks said...

No worries - you're not as far behind as I was...This is exactly why I will be downloading the blog yearly and printing it out all nice and neat as our scrapbook...feel free to all of my extra supplies. I QUIT!