Thursday, March 26, 2009

Quilt Update ... I'm falling behind!

I am officially behind on my quilt (as I suspected would happen sooner or later). I have finished up Blocks E and F.

Block E
Posted by Picasa

Block F

And, I have laid out and organized all of my quilt blocks. (see below). This is actually starting to resemble a quilt now. The sashing (which is the fabric that will separate each block and outline the quilt) is the background fabric in the first photo above, so that gives you a better idea of what the finished product will look like.

Posted by Picasa

Elizabeth already has the instructions up for making the quilt back, layering the quilt and quilting the quilt, so I am very far behind. I am about halfway through making the quilt top. I am looking forward to my weekly sewing day (on Thursday) to finish the quilt top and back, then I hope to do the quilting over the weekend.

Despite the fact that I am behind on this quilt, I am HOOKED on quilting. I have already gotten fabric to make two baby quilts and can't wait to get started on another project.

No comments: