Sunday, August 30, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: August 31-September 6


From last week: The cheddar jack quiche is always a big hit with Will (as far as quiche goes). Claire even ate most of hers today. I'll admit ... we bribed her with promises of post-brunch candy! Will calls this "man quiche" if there is such a thing. I did try a new breakfast recipe that was not on the menu plan ... baked oatmeal. It kind of turn out like the Quaker oatmeal squares, but grainier (I used the steel cut oats. Next time, I will use rolled oats), more dense, and messier. I think it is supposed to be served with milk, but I couldn't really decide. (I tried it both ways.) I liked it, but Will did not. It made a whole 9x13 pan so I have a lot of leftovers to eat for breakfast this week! Finally, the chicken crunch was a big hits with adults and kids alike. I was a little leery of the curry at first, but it smells a lot stronger than it tastes in this recipe.

We have a lot of carryovers from last week in this week's menu because we just had a lot of leftovers last week and I didn't end up cooking everything I planned. This is a short week too because we have travel plans for the holiday weekend.

This week's menu:

Monday: Leftover pork tenderloin, green beans, steamed squash

Tuesday: Eat out after Claire's soccer practice (we are trying to work on using the coupons in our Citipass book)

Wednesday: Grilled cheese, tomato basil soup (on sale at Costco last month) or leftovers

Thursday: Wheeler Mountain Chili, corn muffins (This will go nicely with the fall-like weather we are supposed to have this week. We are having some friends from church over to watch the Titans' game ... football season is upon us.)

Friday: Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread

Check out other menu plans here.

No comments: