Thursday, March 25, 2010

Party Planning

I finally feel like I am sort of getting caught up on things around here. I've even managed to get the kids' birthday party invitations done a little early! My hubby will be shocked!

I love sitting down to play with Photoshop, but the sad thing is that I typically have to re-learn the program all over again every time I used it. I have Photoshop Elements 7.0, which is pretty user friendly, but I still had to google how to cut my picture into a circle (even though I did it last time I used the program ... about 4 months ago). I finally learned how to blur out text in a picture too. Yeah!

We are having a joint party for the kids (since their birthdays are 4 days apart) and decided to break down and pay the money to have it at a local "bouncy" place. Very low key.

(1) Invitations

I got some ideas from my friend Melissa who has a little web business making super-cute stationary and such. (Her waterproof labels are the best I have ever used.)


(2) Outfits

I typically make birthday party outfits for the kids, but I am just not feeling totally up for it right now. However, I did find this super cute cupcake fabric that I will be making pants out of for the kids.

And, I ordered matching t-shirts from one of my favorite Etsy sellers, Smitten & Co. Check her out. These shirts make great gifts too. The kids' shirts will look like this (with their name and age, of course) and match the cupcake fabric above.

Now, all I have left to do is order/bake cupcakes. I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do yet. I would love to save some money and make them myself, but I have a feeling that Publix will be getting a call from me the week before the party!

1 comment:

Lou Lou said...

Hey! I just ordered a shirt very similar to that for Ace, but got it from lollywollydoodle.com. I think it was $11.99. Smitten & Co. has some cute stuff.