Sunday, April 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: April 12-18


It's been a while since I did menu plan Monday, but I have been loosely menu planning every week. We would never eat any sort of coherent meal if I didn't.

Nothing too exciting this week ... I cooked a lot last week and over the weekend, so I have a ton of leftovers. This means no cooking for me this week (except reheating). I did find a new breadmachine wheat roll recipe that I want to try and we had a yummy taco salad tonight with taco salad dressing. I also made my favorite peach cobbler recipe from Paula Deen and it is a breeze to fix ... it took me about 10 minutes to put together while I was cooking dinner and then we stuck it in the oven to bake while we ate. (I have also made this with fresh blackberries and it is DELISH!)

Monday: pizza at Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate Claire's 4th birthday

Tuesday: Leftover chicken/rice casserole (I will post this recipe later ... it was yummy!), green beans, rolls

Wednesday: leftover shrimp kabobs (this recipe will come later too), wild rice, salad and rolls

Thursday: Leftovers hamburgers or taco salad for Will ... I am eating at Chuy's with my old bible study group for a belated birthday celebration for myself and my friend Melissa.

Friday: I think we are meeting some friends out for dinner this night? If not, I have leftover flank steak, roasted red potatoes and salad. (I told you we had a lot of leftovers!)

Saturday: I would like to make these yummy apricot bars for breakfast ... still trying to find a healthy "bar" breakfast that the kids will eat. They both eat chocolate chip granola bars for breakfast almost every morning. We are eating out (or picking up) dinner with Will's family after the kids' birthday parties.

Sunday: Our Sunday school class is having a belated egg hunt after church so we will pick up something quick to take for our picnic lunch. (Our pre-Easter egg hunt was rained out.) For dinner we'll have breaded tilapia (from the freezer), mixed veggies and rolls.

Check out other menu plans here.

No comments: