Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Some unfinished projects, now finished

I have managed to finish up a couple of half-completed sewing projects that were laying around my sewing room for a while.

David is modeling pants with a matching hoodie that I started in a sewing class I took last fall. (I finished the hoodie, just never finished the pants.) It's a Kwik Sew pattern that is really easy to make. Fortunately, the fabric is lightweight twill and he has been able to wear it this spring with a short-sleeve tee. You can't see it very well at all, but the lining in the hoodie is baby blue with giraffes printed on it. Will calls this David's safari outfit.


This letter number was cut of for Claire last summer and I never sewed it up. Except for the bias tape under the arms, which gave me fits, it was a very quick sew. This pattern is Simplicity 5118 as modified here. This is such a cute dress. I actually made her another one to wear to the beach last year. This one may be a little short now, but I'm sure I can find somebody to wear it or throw some capri leggings under it.


This last outfit was actually started and finished on the same day. From cutting out the fabric to sewing up the outfit, this took me about 4 hours total to make. (I took a Saturday class, which is why I had 4 hours of uninterrupted time to sew.) This is the Mod Kid pattern Nina, which is super easy. This is a size 4 so I doubt Claire can wear it this year. I might give it to my niece, or just stick it in the closet for next year. The top has a very cute sash in the back.

1 comment:

Phillips Phamily Mama said...

Oh sweet heavens! I DO wish you'll have another boy so you can send those cute girl things our way!