Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Macy Giggles" dress

On Saturday, I treated myself to an early Mother's Day treat and spent the day at my favorite little fabric shop taking a sewing class. Even though I was making something for someone else, it was fun just to have some peace and quiet to practice my craft. (And the sweet ladies that own the shop always provide the best lunch!)

Finished product is below. This dress is too cute! I love all the fun spring colors. The lighting in these pictures does not do the dress justice.

This pattern is by Izzy & Ivy Designs. I've never made one of their patterns before, but it was fairly easy to make considering all the bells and whistles on this dress ... gathered shoulder straps, pockets, button loops, etc. The instructions weren't always clear and I was glad that our instructor had made the dress before to work out all the kinks.

The front.

The back.

Look at these cute covered buttons!


I can't wait to see little Miss Claire in this dress.

No comments: