Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Favorites: Matching Outfits

I'm not going to lie. I love dressing my kids in matching outfits. I really try to be frugal about it. I don't spend a ton of money. I did buy the madras plaid outfits from a children's clothing show at full price, but that is not my normal M.O. (On a side note, Claire is going through a lovely fake smile phase.)

Most of the time, I make most of their matching outfits myself. See below. I actually made Claire's dress last summer and David had a matching romper. See here. The dress still fits Claire (although a little short ... nothing a pair of capri leggings won't fix.) David outgrew his romper of course, so he got a pair of shorts with matching applique t-shirt. I think that sailboat patch is one of my most favorite appliques.

I hate to admit this, but I get giddy thinking about dressing THREE children alike. Note my thriftiness ... Next summer, Claire will wear her sailboat dress with a pair of matching capri pants that I will make. David should be able to wear the same shorts and t-shirt again because the size 2 is pretty large on him now. Baby boy #2 should be able to wear David's sailboat romper from last summer.

Reading back over this post makes me seem a little vain. I'm really not. Will and I don't spend a ton of money on clothes for ourselves and I really try not to spend a ton of money on the kids clothes either. But I do love dressing them up!

By the way, this does not count as matching outfits! Ha! David likes to play dress-up too. We may need to invest in some boy dress-up clothes. Otherwise, I see lots of blackmail photos in his future!

No comments: