Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Saturday Matinee

Saturday was stormy and hot so we decided to forego a trip to the pool and went to the movies instead to see Toy Story 3. The kids got Toy Story 1 and 2 on DVD for their birthdays back in April and we have watched them A LOT in preparation for #3 coming out this summer.



Jessie the cowgirl is definitely Claire's favorite character. I don't know if David has a preference, but he does recognize and can say Woody and Buzz.

David, Will and Claire. David loved the popcorn and Sprite the best. Claire got comfy in her seat and stayed there pretty much the entire movie.



This was David's first trip to the movies and Claire's second. [Claire saw the Chipmunks Squeakquel back in December and she has asked to back to the movies ever since.] Claire sat there and watched the entire movie without making a peep. David, on the other hand, had to go to the bathroom 4 times and got bored eating popcorn and sitting down for two hours. He left the theatre with Will about 20 minutes before it ended.

I had a free ticket that I got when I purchased Toy Story 1 and 2 and David was free so all 4 of us saw the movie for $14 + $14 for a large popcorn and sprite. I was quite impressed that we got out of there for under $30.

This movie was sweet and I recommend taking a few tissues with you. Watching Andy leave for college and play with his toys one last time brought more than a few tears to my eyes. I'll blame it on the pregnancy. I even teared up quite a bit when I was telling Will how the movie ended on the way home afterwards.

No comments: