Monday, March 28, 2011

Sew What: March 2011

This is David's shirt for his birthday party. He will have shorts to match in the black/red/white tri-check. Hopefully the weather will cooperate! I made this shirt on Friday to give my mom and sister a little lesson on machine applique (on my mom's machine). You can't see it well, but there is a "3" in the circle on the car since David's will be 3-years-old. As you can probably guess, he is having a "Cars" theme birthday party.


I also managed to make these two pairs of ruffle capri pants for Claire to match some tees I had purchased for her here. I think they turned out so cute and the owner of the shop even let me mail her a swatch of the fabrics to match the colors on the tees.





I made a third pair of ruffle capris for Claire for this cut top to match.





These capris are my favorite ruffle pants pattern from Portabello Pixie. The top came from an Etsy shop and I have to say, it was not the best pattern in the world. The top turned out okay cute, but it was not a well written pattern. I'm glad I only paid $5 for the pattern. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to shorten these straps for Claire.

I got all these three pair or pants done in about 2 hours and made the butterfly top in another 2 hours. A big THANK YOU to my hubby for some uninterrupted sewing time on Saturday!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: