Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Salty and Sweet Fall Treats

We made some fun fall treats to send to school with the boys on Halloween. They could definitely carry over to Thanksgiving as well.

(1) Pumpkin Marshmallow Pops.

I found the idea here.

My helpers. Put sucker stick into marshmallow.

David snuck more than a few marshmallows into his mouth.

We dipped the marshmallows into melted white chocolate food colored orange. (I recommend buying the orange candy coating chips instead of trying to color your white chocolate. I think you can find them in the cake decorating section at Hobby Lobby or Joann.)

Cool on wax paper. Tie with green ribbon.

Package.


(2) Halloween/Fall snack mix.

I made a variation of this mix a couple of years ago. I found the recipe I used this year here.

I bought these jars for $2-3 at Hobby Lobby (half price) filled them with snack mix tied a black ribbon around the lid (that I secured with hot glue) and made a cute tag. I gave these to the boys' teachers and they were a big heat.

No comments: