Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Project Life Tuesday: Week 1

The Mom Creative
 
One of my goals for this year is to get back to scrapbooking.  I do a decent job of memory-keeping here on the blog, but I love to have books to hold in my hand and look at in person and not on a computer screen.  Plus, I don't necessarily blog about everything I would scrapbook about. 
 
One of my favorite blogger is Jessica over at The Mom Creative.  I am going to try Project Life this year.  (Project Life is a 365/daily photo project created by Becky Higgins.  You can read all about it here.)  Jessica has a weekly post where she displays her weekly PL layouts and has a linky where other people can do the same.  Accountability works ... or so I like to believe.  I do think this is a good way to stay on top of my scrapbooking for each year. 
 
I decided to do digital project life and then I will print my 52 spreads (one for each week of the year) in a bound photo book at Shutterfly or Snapfish when they have a good deal going.  I just purchased my digital kit TODAY and got Photoshop Elements loaded onto my laptop.  (It runs super-slow on our desktop, which is why I avoid using it very often.)
 
Here is my cover page for the album. (I have blurred out our last name.)   

Although I hate to be behind already, since I just started today, I will try to post my layout for week 1 and week 2 next Tuesday. 

3 comments:

Sara said...

Susan, your family is just gorgeous! Congrats for starting PL. I hope you love it. It has changed the way I approach my memory keeping for sure! So far, your design looks great! I'm sure you will settle into a process that works for you. If you are already a blogger...you'll be great at it!

Rachael said...

beautiful, beautiful family. Your layout looks really nice.

Abby Devine said...

Love your title page, you have a beautiful family!!! I am new to project life and I am taking the 365 approach with a picture a day. Don't worry about being behind, you will catch up. Can't wait to see what you have next week. I am your newest follower.