Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Charlotte's Web

This was Claire's very last school project and it was an "extra" I added to her curriculum.
Resources: Classical Literature Unit Study from Confessions of a Homeschooler.  This unit study was geared towards students ages K-4.  Some of the activities were a little too mature for her so we just did the lapbook and a craft.

Will read Charlotte's Web to the kids at night over the course of a couple of weeks.  I did this unit with Claire for review and then we watched the movie.  (The newer version with Dakota Fanning.  Will was a little disappointed that I did not get the original cartoon version that we all remember watching in elementary school circa the early-80's.)

The inside of our lapbook.

Cover of the lapbook.

Claire with our book (my childhood copy) and her spiderweb craft.  (I was super-impressed that she was able to do the web all by herself after I briefly showed her the method.)

Close-up of the spiderweb craft.

The kids worked our county fair 3-D puzzle (purchased in a set at Costco a several years ago).  I thought it was appropriate since much of the story is set at the county fair.

And just for laughs, it is always fun to see what Luke is doing to keep himself entertained while I'm busy with the other kids.  (He had taken his clothes off during his nap.  He can unsnap snaps.)  He is almost too big for this container!

2 comments:

Linda Lockett said...

This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this Please read it and share a comment. If you want to Online Webcam Test then visit profile

Angela Coghill said...

I read your whole article and really enjoyed it. The best blog I have ever found. I look forward to reading more articles on your blog. This post is a real read if you want to read with Auto Click Windows 10. To learn about Auto Clicker you can use Auto Clicker on Windows. See the article provided for more details. See article Guide to use Auto Clicker for Windows .