Thursday, June 14, 2012

Preschool Corner: V is for Viking

Welcome to letter V week, where V is for Vikings!

{David is 4 years old ... just turned 4}

Since our regular letter of the week curriculum was based on V is for Valentine (and it was April), we had to come up with an alternative.  I found some fun Viking/Early Explorer activities from Living Life Intentionally.  Look here and here.

We also started using the ABC portion of the Starfall website.  It is a good way to introduce each new letter.  Glad I found it when we are almost at the end of the alphabet!  Oh well, it is a fun way for him to review.

We did some coloring.  (Valentine coloring ... I could not escape the valentine.)  I love these ABC coloring pages.

Letter search and dot-a-dot marker page.

We made a Veggie Tales tot book and also watched a Veggie Tales movie ... "Lyle: The Kindly Viking".


We made playdough Vs.

We worked on our Bible verse (from RRSP).  "Verily, verily I say to you, he the believeth on me hath everlasting life."  John 6:47.



Magnet page.

Writing color words.

Tracing.

Letter V writing.

Explorer graphing.  Note: this activity goes much smoother if you keep the dice contained!

V page for our alphabet book.

Putting Vehicles on a Violet V.

We also made Viking masks and read a book about famous Viking explorer:
Leif Eriksson by Shannon Knudson

Our V board.

This post is linked up to these great blogs ... check them out for more great learning ideas!





Photobucket

3 comments:

Our Homeschool Fun said...

You had a full week of learning fun! I love your Letter Board! I need to incorporate that here.

Stopping by from Preschool Corner.

Miss Courtney said...

Hi, I'm a first time visitor from TGIF. I really like your project board. I hang up things on a clothesline that crosses our school room, but I like how everything on your board is together. I bet your little guy has such a sense of accomplishment at the end of the lesson.

Enchanted Homeschooling Mom said...

It looks like you had a very busy and well planned out week. Our family also LOVES Starfall and Veggie Tales! Thanks for linking up this week to my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop!