Thursday, June 14, 2012

Preschool Corner: W is for Watermelon

Oh my!  I'm getting lazy here at the end of the alphabet.  W wasn't too bad, but XYZ really get the shaft.  P.S.  I did not take many pictures this week.

{David is 4 years, 0 months old}

Our watermelon printables came from the LOTW curriculum we have been using all year.

Do-A-Dot painting.

New desk set up in the school room.  Claire has a desk on the opposite wall. 
(I scored these desks at Target for $80 each.  They are Circo brand.)

Letter W handwriting.

And here is the silly.

Working on W words for alphabet book.

Watermelon color matching.

Watermelon seed counting.

Watermelon pre-writing skills.

Our W Bible verse: "We love him because he first loved us." I John 4:19.

Our W board.

Some W books we read:
Wacky Wednesday by Theo LeSieg
There's a Wocket in my Pocket by Dr. Seuss
Walter in the Woods and the Letter W (Alphabet Friends)
Watermelon Life Cycles by Julie Murray
Watermelon Day by Kathi Appelt
Ned's New Home by Kevin Tseng
Peter Spit a Seed at Sue by Jackie French Koller
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
(coincidentally, we read this book a few days before Sendak died)

This post is linked up to these great blogs ... check them out for more great learning ideas!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used the LOTW curriculum for our daughter and LOVED it! Your son's letter tracing/writing skills are fantastic at 4 years old (great job!). Thanks for linking up this week to my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop.