Thursday, August 9, 2012

Let Freedom Ring-July 4, 2012

We celebrated July 4th at my sister's house.  It was hot!  It was fun!  We ate and drank a lot!

I was responsible for tasty adult beverages for the day.  I went with Red, White & Blue Sangria.  It was a big hit!


Next, the kids and I made star cookies.  We had a lot of patriotic sprinkles that needed to be used!   This is my favorite roll and bake sugar cookie recipe.


The kids love to decorate cookies!

Lots of cookies!

Everyone had fun at Aunt Ashley and Uncle Jon's house after we spent the morning at the pool.

The boys played a lot of video games.


Jon and Will.

Aunt Ashley made a watermelon cake (all fruit dessert).

Ashley, Mom & me.


Our family showing our red, white and blue!

Despite the fact that it was like 100+ degrees, the kids played outside on the swing set.


We ate yummy chicken legs and wings.


I tried to get a good picture of all the kids ...

But they just wanted to be silly!

Meme and Poppy.

We decided to forgo fireworks this year because it was hot, hot, hot and the kids were tired, tired, tired.  Not a good combo!!

No comments: