Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pre-K: ABC Review

Hello ... I used to blog about our homeschool!  Mid-October and I am finally getting to David's first week of Pre-K!  This boy loves to do school!
 
{David is 4 years, 4 months old}
 
Most of our activities came from Confessions of a Homeschooler's K4 curriculum.
 
Working on a ABC magnetic puzzle I purchase from Zulily.

 
ABC stringing beads (from Melissa & Doug I think).


ABC Uppercase/Lowercase matching puzzles (from the dollar bin at Target).

 
We reviewed the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tot book we made last year.

 
We practiced alphabetizing ABC flashcards and matching them with magnetic letters.

 
And we worked on beginning sounds.

 
We practiced writing our ABCs.

 
And we did some letter practice on the coconut tree (from Chicka Chicka Boom Boom).

 
We made an alphabet tree and finally used all those paper towel rolls I have been saving.

 
More uppercase/lowercase matching with clothespins.

 
We love to watch this Chicka Chicka Boom Boom video on You Tube daily.  We also watched our favorite LeapFrog videos ... The Amazing Alphabet and Letter Factory.

This post is linked up to these great blogs ... check them out for more great learning ideas!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I like your Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

I love your chicka chicka boom boom tree!! We have a flat one on the wall we add letters too, but this one is too cute!

Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I so look forward to seeing everyone's creativity. I hope you link up again tomorrow =-)
Beth