Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year ... New Routine

I hopes to get a little more caught up on blogging in December but that just didn't happen.  I may try to go back and catch up a few things, but I'm trying not to get bogged down in "catching up" and just moving forward instead. 

This new year brings some MAJOR changes for our family because today, I am officially going back to work.  I will still be working from home until Claire finishes up her first grade school year, but I will be working 30-35 hours/week as opposed to the 5-8 hours per week I have been working for the last 2 years.  David will be moving from a 2 day to a 5 day program at his same preschool and Luke will start a private preschool program (all day) for 3 days per week and finish up the school year the other 2 days in the program his is in now (where David is too). 

I am excited to be going back to work more.  Not because I necessarily love my job or it fulfills me on anything like that.  But because being at home full-time is WEARING ME OUT!  I feel like I am always yelling at my kids and constantly depressed and in a bad mood because 3 kids full-time (plus homeschooling and trying to work a little) is EXHAUSTING.  And hello ... have you met my VERY ACTIVE 2 year old?  He needs much more attention than I can give him with my older 2 kids here.  I think he will thrive being in a program all day with kids his own age.

I will certainly miss having my boys around all day everyday, but hopefully these changes will make it easier for me to focus on work (during my work hours) and easier for Claire to focus on school during her school hours.  Little brothers are very distracting!  I honestly don't know some families homeschool multiple children!  Their kids must be more independent and disciplined than mine!

All this to say ... if the blog seems a little neglected over the next couple of months, its just me getting settled into our new normal.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow! This post SO completely resonates with me. I feel the same way. I hate that I'm so grumpy around my kids and constantly have the feeling of wanting to get away. It's terrible. I wish I could just "snap" out of it. Problem is, my degree is teaching and I would just be trading other's kids for my own. ;-) You do SO much with your kids. My tv has been on all day, I'm still in my pj's and just gave my kids lunch at 10:30 b/c they told me they were hungry and I thought, surely it's at least 12:30. I hope it all works out for the best!