Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Claire's Instrument

When we picked Claire up from her class at church on Sunday, she had a shaker. (Claire LOVES making crafts-she is like her mommy in that respect-and it is about the only way we can lure her into her classroom each Sunday morning.)

By shaker, I mean a brown paper lunch sack with dry rice inside that sounds kind of like a maraca. Claire proudly marched out to the car playing her "instrument." {her words, not mine} It took me about 10 tries to finally figure out what she was saying. I had a good chuckle when it finally clicked.

I had intended to make this a spiritual post because the bag (at one time) had a bible verse about instruments and praising God on it, but now I can't find it. Anyway ... you get the point. I did not want to forget this sweet story.

On another spiritual note, I put Claire to bed tonight and after three rounds of "God our Father" she wanted to say her prayer, which consisted of "Dear God, thank you for all my friends. Amen." Sweet! Her Daddy (who usually puts her to bed) taught her well.

No comments: