Thursday, February 5, 2009

Remembering my pregnancies

This was a fun little questionnaire I saw on Facebook that I thought I would post here to help me remember some things from my pregnancies. Since I didn't blog when I was pregnant with either of my children and I haven't finished either of their baby books yet (Claire is almost 3-YIKES!), I thought I better get some of this stuff down before I forget.

Oh yeah ... my (1) answer refers to my pregnancy with Claire and my (2) answer refers to my pregnancy with David.

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? (1) yes (2) yes

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? (1) yes (2) yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? (1) shocked and excited (2) disbelief

4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? (1) 28 (2) 30

5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? (1) temperature charting, confirmed by a pregnancy test and blood test (2) same

6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? (1) Will (my hubby) (2) same

7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? (1) Yes (2) Yes

8. DUE DATE? (1) April 10 (2) April 22nd

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? (1) yes. I missed work for 2 days when it first hit and slept about 12 hours every night. I also ate lots of starchy foods and napped a lot at work. It passed around week 16. (2) yes again. It was much worse this time, but my doctor gave me miracle medicine and it was tolerable. No napping or sleeping long nights this time, but still lots of eating starch foods and napping at work.

10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? (1) BBQ, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, Chinese food (2) BBQ, BLTs and salt & vinegar chips, Chinese food again, sonic tater tots (for breakfast) and peach tea, lots of CAKE

11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? (1) morning sickness (2) lack of energy and swollen ankles

12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? (1) girl (2) boy

13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? nope

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? (1) 29 (2) 35

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? (1) yes. one here, one where I grew up and one at work (2) yes. one here and one where I grew up.

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? (1) Something was abnormal on Claire's 20 week ultrasounds so I had 2 f/up ultrasounds. I had several UTIs and lots of lower back pain so I had to be put on the fetal monitor several times to make sure I was not in pre-mature labor. (2) Several UTIs again and a time on the fetal monitor. One week post-partum I had to have an emergency D&C and stay in the hospital overnight due to heavy bleeding.

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? (1) Baptist Hospital with Dr. Anne Wise-she is AWESOME! (2) same

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? (1) 7 hours labor. I pushed for about 30 minutes. (2) 5 hours labor. I pushed for about 10 minutes.

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? (1) Will (2) Same

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? (1) Will, my mom and my sister (2) same

22. WAS IT Vaginal OR C-SECTION? (1) Vaginal (2)

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? (1) Yes. With Claire I waited until I was dilated to 5-6cm (2) Yes. With David I had one strong contraction and paged for the anesthesiologist.

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? (1) Claire-7 lbs., 3oz. (2) David-8 lbs., 4oz.

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? (1) April 12 (2) April 16

26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? (1) Anna Claire (2) William David

27. HOW OLD ARE THEY TODAY? (1) almost 3 (2) 9 months


A photo from my pregnancy with Claire on her birthday!

A photo from my pregnancy with David headed to the hospital.

1 comment:

Screaming Meme said...

Aren't you the cutest thing! :) I love it! I would like to personally invite you to both of my blogs...Screaming Meme and Project:{Create A Home}....Screaming Meme is a decorating blog that I created to share my career as an Interior Decorator and Model Home Stager, as well as, share ideas and how to's on decorating, faux painting and getting a professional look on a shoe string budget!...It is all about decorating over there! I then created Project:{ Create A Home}...I envisioned a blog that women could all share in...Where we could come together and learn everything from decorating our homes to stepping out and learning new things that we always wanted to learn but didn't have the road map...Project: {Create A Home} is that road map! We have decorating, organizing, cooking, finance, technical/computer knowledge, family rearing, relationship advice, spirituality and uplifting wisdom...just to name a few...I hope you get a chance to stop in and look around...And if you have something that you want to share...Something that we could learn from you...Well, we would love to talk to you! :) I look forward to getting to know you! Meme