Monday, August 17, 2009

A few pictures from the weekend ...

We had a busy weekend! It was HOT and we spent quite a bit of time in the pool.

Thursday night, we let the kids play in the backyard on the slide, while Will grilled BBQ ribs for dinner. They were YUMMY! We haven't spent much time in the backyard this summer out of fear of being eaten alive by all the mosquitoes. It has been really bad this year and no amount of bug spray, spraying the yard or use of citronella candles seem to help. The last time I was in the back yard playing with the kids, I woke up with 50+ mosquito bites from my neck down to my mid-thigh. The next 2-3 days were miserable!!



Friday, we met with one of our playgroups at a friend's neighborhood pool and had a fun time playing with all of our friends from church. This was the first time I took both kids to the pool and actually feel like I managed everything well. This was also the first time David actually stayed in the baby float for any period of time too. Go figure. I do much better when he is contained!

Friday night, we went to my sister's house. While the guys watched all 4 kids, my sister and I cleaned out her bonus room closet and set up a sewing area for her. Now she has no excuse not to sew! It took us about 3 hours, but now she has a quite little place to sew and she can keep all of her stuff out. This was my birthday gift to her. I love it because it didn't cost me anything except a night hanging out with my little sis! Priceless!

Saturday morning started early ... for me anyway. I got up at 3:45 because I couldn't sleep! I hate it when I do that. I had everything all ready to take the kids to my parents' house for the day, but got a late start (despite being up so early) when David got choked eating breakfast and threw up all over himself (and his high chair). I was pooped and it was only 8:30 in the morning! We finally got to Meme and Poppy's house where I sewed a little and then took Claire to their neighborhood pool while David napped. We headed back to our house after dinner.

Sunday was church and naps and chores. Naps for the kids anyway! Here are some cute pics I shot of Claire after lunch. My mom made this dress for her and Claire was so proud of it. My friend Jennie saw her in her class at church and told me that Claire told her all about her new dress that here Meme made her. I love this dress, but my mom said she is never making another one because it required so much handwork. (She made two in a row ... one for Claire and one for my niece.) Maybe she'll want to make another one after she takes a little break! I'll bet she will after she sees these pictures!



1 comment:

the Wilbecks said...

GREAT pics! She's turning into the litte miss diva, hugh? :)