Thursday, July 1, 2010

28 weeks ... and counting

I have officially entered my third trimester now. At my doctor's appointment last week, I had gained 10 more pounds. I actually weighed myself three different times to make sure. I have officially gained 25 pounds so far this pregnancy, which is the total amount I gained with Claire and only five pounds less than I gained with David. See picture comparison below.


Yikes! I must be growing a giant baby!! I hope the weight gain will plateau soon!! According to babycenter.com, my baby is approximately 2-1/4 lbs. in weight and almost 15 inches long. I am guessing my baby weighs a little more than this.

Nothing too eventful at this doctor's visit. I got to hear the heartbeat and the baby kicked the Doppler several times and then moved away. I don't think he liked our intrusion very much. I did pass my glucose test, which is a good thing, but my iron is low so I will have to take an iron supplement. Maybe that is why I am so tired all the time. I also got my Rhogam shot since I have a negative blood type. I will now start seeing my doctor every two weeks for the next couple of months. I can see the end in sight!!

It is becoming harder and harder to climb the stairs, bend over and lug the other two kiddos around, but we are making it. And while I am clearly having no trouble eating enough, I am filling up much quicker and having to eat more frequent, smaller meals/snacks. But on a positive note, I am sleeping like a rock!

I still have a few small things to do to the nursery, but no major changes. All of this would be easier to do IF WE HAD A NAME, but we don't yet. I'll just add that to the list ...

No comments: