Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sew What: February 2011

Even though it is March ... who knew I would have another sewing post up so soon? Not me for sure.

Claire is "modeling" an outfit I bought from a friend. It is Castles & Crowns and still had the tags on it. It was size 2, but I think it was totally missized. We tried to wear it last year, and the pants and shirt were still HUGE! Well, this year it fit, but the pants were just barely too short.
REMEDY? Add a ruffle. I went to my favorite children's fabric store and found some cute polka dot fabric to match and added a ruffle.
Easy-peasy.

A close-up of the ruffle.

Meme came over one day and Claire put her to work making a doll dress. I'm just going to go on the record here and say that I will never make doll clothes. I hope I don't eat those words one day!

This top goes with the pink polka dot pants I made here. Love the butterfly corduroy fabric and the pink polka dot sash! This is the Louise pattern from Children's Corner that I shortened for a top.

I've had this super-cute asian inspired fabric for ages to make something for Claire. She loves it! I decided to make a tunic top to match some black leggings that she had. This outfit seriously took about an hour to make. I modified the Mod Kid Nina pattern long-sleeve top to add the red band and make the top a little longer. I also added bands on the sleeves. I will definitely make this again. So easy and so cute!!

Lastly, Claire loves this mermaid fabric and everytime she sees it she asks me to make her something. I found this cute pattern on etsy and made this dress in a size 5 (she probably won't wear it until next year). It was also easy to make once I figured out the somewhat confusing pattern instructions for making the ruffle around the neck. You can purchase the pattern here.
That is all for now. Coming soon ... Easter outfits!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: