Thursday, January 5, 2012

Luke: 15 months old

Well, by default, the picture in the red chair pose that we did monthly the first 12 months of Luke's life has ended.

He is quite the mover and shaker now and will hardly sit still long enough for a picture. 

Here are some stats from his 15 month checkup:
Weight: 23 lbs., 9 oz. (40th percentile)
Height: 30-3/4 inches (30th percentile)


Luke is a silly and sweet boy.  He is much needier than my other two kids were, but then gets mad if you try to hold him or help him.  He is very loving.  He will come up and pat me on the leg and say mama and put his head against my leg like he is hugging you.


He is wearing mostly 18 months clothes (but still some 12 months).  He drinks whole milk, eats all table food and feeds himself for the most part.  He really like to try and use utensils but mostly he uses his hands.  His favorite food is anything you are eating.  I'm not joking!

He is sleeping 12 hours at night and around 3 hours during the day after lunch (we are down to one nap now).


Seriously, this little guy is into everything.  He can empty every cabinet, drawer, container in my kitchen in the blink of an eye.  His favorite thing to do with all his toys is to just pull them out (and make a huge mess).  He doesn't really care for playing with them all that much.  Now that he is mobile, he is unstoppable.

And I wrote about his love for sitting in containers here.  He got in there all by himself. 


He is talking a little.  He says more, milk, bye-bye, bite, mama, dada, uh-oh and thank you.  He points at things, shakes his head no (or pushes away), waves and blows kisses. 

He is a sweet, sweet boy, but my most difficult toddler yet.  Glad he is my last! I don't think we could handle another one like him.   

No comments: