Monday, January 9, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: January 9



Well, it was so nice to be back to a regular routine this week.  I even stayed on our meal-plan schedule.  The quiche and pumpkin bread will carry over from last week because we had a ton of leftovers so we ate those on Friday night.  (We ate 4 meals off the enchiladas.  I highly recommend splitting them into two pans and freezing one for later.) 

Most of my recipes this week come from Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour.  This is a meal planning service that I joined several months ago.  I've used a few recipes here and there, but I haven't really stuck to the plan and the whole premise of the meal plan, which is to make 5 meals at one time and then just pull them out and cook them each night (with all of the prep work already done).  I did do this for one week using Michelle's sample menu before I joined and I liked it a lot.  I just never could get my act together to both shop and prepare the meals on Sunday and then have them to use for the rest of the week.  I hope to be better at this now that we are done with the holidays!  Even if you don't prep the meals ahead of time, the recipes are still fairly simple to prepare if you just want to cook as you go through the week.  (The cost of the service is $5/month and includes a grocery list and ideas to lighten the dishes if you so desire.)

Monday: Hamburgers, hot dogs, tater tots and sweet potato fries.  We are having game day food in honor of the big game on Monday night.

Tuesday: slow cooker fiesta chicken bowls, Spanish rice

Wednesday: leftovers from Monday night (we have to eat quick due to church)

Thursday: Teriyaki beef, rice, snap peas

Friday: slow cooked baked potato soup, salad

Saturday: breakfast - chocolate chip pancakes (I add 1/2c. chocolate chips to this recipe) and pumpkin pancakes; dinner - glazed pork chops, broccoli, roasted red potatoes

Sunday: lunch-ham & cheese quiche, pumpkin bread; dinner - leftovers

Check out Laura's blog for more Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: