Sunday, July 15, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: July 16


We were at VBS all last week and Will was out of town a couple of nights so I feel like we ate junk, junk, junk.  I only cooked one night and I made this yummy pasta with leftover noodles and leftover roasted vegetables.  I also added diced chicken sausage. 

I finally made the Homemade pop-tarts I've had on the menu plan for a while.  Will (my regular pop-tart eater) really liked them, but they were super-messy to make.  I didn't seal mine well enough and there was filling everywhere!  Next time, I will use 1T. of jam instead of 2T. for the filling (the recipe says 1-2T.) AND I will line my pan with parchment paper.  I found a recipe for whole-wheat pop-tarts that I would like to try next time.

One more thing before the menu plan ... Our anniversary was today (Sunday) and I planned to cook fish for dinner. I planned to make this yummy recipe because I thought I had some tilapia in the freezer. However, when I went to get it out of the freezer this morning, I found salmon instead. So I made Glamour Salmon and it was yummy. Next time, I think I will reserve some of the marinade for dipping. It smelled yummy!!

Without further adieu, here is the menu plan:

Breakfasts: Blueberry-sour cream waffles, homemade chewy granola bars

Lunches: sandwiches, Baked broccoli shells and cheese

Monday: Dinner at Moe's (we have some gift cards we are trying to use up)

Tuesday: Taco Turkey Burgers (with homemade taco seasoning) and Black Bean, Quinoa and Citris Salad

Wednesday: Wacky Wednesday-dinner at pool (weather permitting)

Thursday: Roasted Asian Chicken Legs, brown rice, snap peas

Friday: Baked zucchini ziti, salad, garlic bread

Saturday: Tomato, corn and shrimp salad, breadsticks

Sunday: Lunch-leftovers, dinner-out with friends

Check out Laura's blog for more Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum, yum, & yum! Glad I clicked over from orgjunkie.com. So... can we come over tomorrow night for the Taco Burgers? ;-)