Sunday, March 17, 2013

Menu Plan Monday: March 18-24


  

My week did not go as planned last week!  All was going good until Wednesday when I discovered I didn't have any chicken in my freezer to make our meal for Wed. night.  And the trip to the grocery store that day just didn't happen.  I quickly subbed Thursdays meal for Wednesday night but by that point, everything had kind of fallen apart!  So this week's menu will look a lot like last week's menu!

Also, at some point during the last week, we all had a stomach bug/virus at some point.  Claire had it the previous Friday/Saturday, Luke woke up with it on Sunday morning, Will got it on Tuesday and stayed pretty sick until Thursday and I started feeling queasy Thursday night.  (I had a "lite" version of it ... no real sickness, just feeling "yuck" in general.  Thank the Lord for some Zofran I had leftover from my pregnancy with Luke.)  I'm still not feeling 100% but I am getting there.

A couple of things I made last week not on the menu plan that I wanted to pass along: Sweet Potato Chips, Quinoa & Kale Mini-Quiches, Green Goddess Grilled Cheese Sandwich (I used basil pesto instead of the pesto in the recipe), and Chicken Burrito Bowls

Lunches: Buffalo Chicken Quinoa salad, Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad

Monday: Perfect Pot Roast, potatoes, green beans, rolls

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: Slow cooker salsa chicken, black beans & rice

Thursday: Jerky Turkey Burgers, sweet potato fries

Friday: Chicken Sausage & lime kabobs, brown rice, green veggie

Saturday: Leftover, birthday party for one of Claire's friends

Sunday: Leftovers
 
Check out Laura's blog for more Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

katjok said...

Your menu looks good! I also love the family pictures! Visiting from MPM!